Exciting news! ChainFlowers’ token (CFLO) is now live and you can buy it on Uniswap! Not sure how to buy on a decentralized exchange (DEX)? No worries, we will guide you step-by-step. If you are new to the crypto world or only have experience on centralized exchanges like Binance or Coinbase, buying on DEX like Uniswap might seem a little bit scary, but we’ll make it easy for you. Ready?
Buy Token You’ll Swap From
The first step is to buy ETH, USDT, or any token you want to swap CFLO for. You can do this in multiple ways, and the following example is just one option. We will buy USDT on Binance, although we recommend doing it directly with ETH since CFLO is pegged to Ethereum. Here are the steps:
- On Binance, hover over Buy Crypto on the top menu bar and click “Credit/Debit Card”
- Choose USDT from the “Receive” token list.
- Input how much money (in dollars if USD is selected) you want to spend. You will see how much USDT that equals to.
- Hit “Continue” and then confirm the credit/debit card on file is the one you want to use. Click “Continue” if it’s accurate or change card if it isn’t.
- You will see the confirmation page. Review the transaction details and if you agree with the fees and conversion, hit “Confirm”. You’ll have 60s to do so, or you’ll have to click “Refresh” for a new quote.
Transfer USDT to your Wallet
On this example, we’ll be using Metamask as our wallet. To transfer from Binance to Metamask if very simple, just like a bank transfer, your wallet address will be like your account number. Here are the steps:
- On Binance, hover over Wallet on the top menu bar and click on “Fiat and Spot”.
- Scroll down until you find USDT (which you just bought) and hit “Withdraw”.
- Go to your Metamask and copy your wallet number by clicking on it on the top. You’ll see a message that says “Copy to clipboard” when you hover over it, so just click. You’ll receive a confirmation message that says “Copied!”
- Go back to Binance and paste your Metamask wallet address.
- Choose ERC20 as the network.
- Then input the amount of USDT you want to transfer and click “WITHDRAW”.
- Review the details and follow the confirmation prompt.
NOTE: You will need to have ETH on your Metamask to make transactions (swap/buy on Uniswap). You can buy ETH and transfer it to your Metamask following the two previous sections of this guide.
Add CFLO to your Wallet
You’ll need to copy CFLO’s contract to manually add it to your wallet as a custom token. Here are the steps:
- Click here to access CFLO’s pair profile on DEX Tools, or manually go to dextools.io and click “LAUNCH APP”.
- On the search bar type in CFLO and click on “WETH/CFLO” — ChainFlowers”.
- Once on that page, you’ll Token Contract under WETH/CFLO. You’ll see the contract number (0x8994c21d588106ba289e014331a1d74491894cee) and a button that says “Copy to Clipboard” when you hover over it. Click on it.
- Go to Metamask and click “Add Token” at the bottom of the page.
- Hit “Custom Token”.
- Paste the Token Contract you copied in the previous steps. You’ll see that the Token Symbol and Token Decimal are automatically filled with CFLO and 8 subsequently.
- Hit “Next” and then click on “Add Tokens”. You can go back to your account and you should see the token added there already.
You are all set to start swapping on Uniswap! Well, almost! Let’s connect the wallet first:
- You can go to this link here or manually go to www.uniswap.org and then hit “Launch App”.
- Then on the top right corner, you’ll see “Connect to a Wallet”. Click on it.
- Choose your wallet provider, in this case we’ll choose Metamask.
- Choose the account on your wallet that you wish to link and hit “Next”, review the details and hit “Confirm”.
- Once connected, choose USDT as the token you will be swapping.
- To choose CFLO as the token you will be swapping to, you’ll need to manually add it to the listing. Remember the Token Contract you copied from Dex Tools on step 3 of the previous section? We’ll need it again! So copy it: 0x8994c21d588106ba289e014331a1d74491894cee .
- Hit the token drop-down and click on “Manage Token Lists” at the bottom.
- Click on “Tokens” and paste CFLO’s Token Contract.
- Verify it says CFLO ChainFlowers and hit “Import”. Then confirm it by clicking on “Import” again.
- Now input the amount of USDT you want to swap to CFLO. If you get “No liquidity. Click to trade with V2”, click that button.
- Since it’s your first time doing this, you’ll have to allow the Uniswap Protocol to use your USDT. Just click on that button and approve it on Metamask by clicking “Confirm”. There’s a fee, so make sure you are okay with it before hitting confirm.
- Once approved you’ll see a message saying “You can now trade USDT” and the SWAP button will now be enabled. Hit the button!
- Review the details of your transaction and if you agree, hit “Confirm Swap”.
- Check the gas fees on Metamask and if you agree, click “Confirm”. Since we have already added CFLO to Metamask, there’s no need to click on the button to do it.
Bravo! You’re all set! Go to your wallet and you should see your CFLO tokens there! You can always ask the community for further assistance, so check the links below!
If you are unsure of any step or something is not working, please don’t hesitate to contact us: